Thursday 4 June 2015

How I did This YouTube Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whhxdSBRwso&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

^That's the YouTube video referred to in the title.

This is how I did it:

  • First, I made a game (super-important)
  • Then, I made the music. This was done in FamiTracker.
  • This music was then added to the game, but here's the rub: that was not essential.
  • Then I used LiceCap to record a GIF of my playing the game.
  • I then used Audacity as I watched the GIF to cut the music tracks together - the ones I had previously made in FamiTracker - so that they sync up with the music that was in the game. For example, the death music being placed where I got onto the lava.
  • I now have a WAV file made in Audacity and a GIF made with Licecap and I put them in the FFMPEG bin folder. I used FFMPEG to put these two medias together in a WebM.
  • The thing that I typed into the FFMPEg console was: "ffmpeg -i music.wav -i image.gif together.webm'.   Which isn't so complicated. However, if I were to do it again it is likely that I would add a "-c copy" before my output.
  • I was surprised to find that one could upload a WebM for YouTube, but you can and that is what I did. 
A veritable cacophony of different software. 

No comments:

Post a Comment