Tuesday 2 June 2015

Will I Upgrade to Windows 10?

I'm still debating it.

Frankly, it doesn't seem too big a difference. Although, those giant clickables in the Start menu, I can see infuriating something awful. I use a laptop, this means that screen space is somewhat at a premium, but anything reasonably sized is easily clicked. This means that many features for tablets that are harmless on a desktop can be really annoying.

The one asset that makes me thing about Windows 10 is the ability to have multiple screens working at one time. However, this is something that I can technically do on Windows 7 - it is just fiddly - and I've yet to see anything that suggests it really will be trivial.

Looking at this article for examples of things that will change, the only thing that will actually affect me is the DVD playing problem - Windows Media Center has never worked on my laptop for some reason - but that isn't an issue that has a huge influence on me.

Ultimately, it is a case of 'what is the least riskiest approach', and my answer to that is that I don't know yet. I'm likely to make my decision closer to the time, but I've not had any issues with Windows 7 yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment